- June 02, 2022
Digital Innovation Zone from North-East Romania is a Digital Innovation Hub established in 2019 as a bottom-up initiative, based on the commitment of well-known entities at regional level, namely the Universities, several private companies in the region, multinational companies with expertise in scale innovation and digital solutions, as well as North-East ADR, as a promoter.
DIZ acts as IT sector leader and gives contribution to the implementation of the Smart Specialization Strategy of the North-East Region by establishing development directions through innovation, identification and implementation of specific projects but also as a crosscutting facility for other priority areas of specialization in the North-East Region: production (agri-food, biotechnology, text and new materials), the health sector, through active involvement in the process of digital transformation. However, 2 sectors (described below) are in focus, due to relevance in regional strategy, growth & impact potential.
DIZ sectorial coverage was established based on ADRNE desk research and entrepreneurial discovery workshops organised during the elaboration of RIS3(2019-2020), which included industry, academia, research and public entities. According to RI3 North-East the following
areas of activity are identified with potential for smart specialisation:
- Manufacturing (including but not limited textile, wood, etc)
Key enabling technologies KET (focus on Artificial Intelligence, followed by Cloud, VR, IoT, blockhain, robotics, digital twins, etc) are identified as relevant smart specialisation niches.
DIZ, as an One-Stop-Shop, helps companies in a region become more competitive by improving processes, products and services using digital technologies and giving acces to 4 main services:
ACCES TO THE INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM
- Bridging the collaboration between the industry, businesses and administration that need new technological solutions on the one hand, with companies, especially start-ups and SMEs, that have ready-to-market solutions on the other.
- Providing information/communication to partners, partners and beneficiaries (target group) on: Policies, European and national programs, EU and national legislation and specific events (elaborate an innovation centre newsletter).
- Business opportunities in Romania, EU and internationally Strategic collaboration Disemination in audio-visual media, social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Mapping the regional innovation ecosystem and the beneficiaries or potential suppliers(contact, skills, areas of interest);
- Support in identifying business partners or transfer of skills in Romania, the EU and internationally
- Access to DIHnet.eu network
- Representation in networking meetings/forums and negotiations with potential partners;
- Organizing brokerage events and participating in economic missions abroad.
- Training and support in the development of digital skills.
- Support in developing advanced digital skills (for example, by coordinating with education providers to provide short-term training for workers and internships for students).
- Innovation Management Assessements to evaluate the innovative capacity of SMEs in the region, the needs of digitalisation and proposing digitalisation strategies to increase performance in this field
- Organizing thematic focus groups for the implementation of specific tasks
- Participating in the development and implementation of vocational training or training coursestogether with external partners.
- Support to get advanced digital skills.
ACCES TO FINANCE
- Support services for companies, especially SMEs and start-ups, such as: access to financial institutions and investors, supporting the use of InvestEU and other relevant financing mechanisms.
- Free advice for beneficiaries on accessing European funds and national programs in the area of digitalisation.
- Entrepreneurship development, financing, consulting, coaching, access to financing as a service, cascade funding.